General Guidelines To Parents/ Guardians
An overall performance of the child and his/ her overall personality and safety depends equally on school environment and environment at home. So in order to do the best for your ward parents/ guardians are also expected to follow the given points so that we together can tranform your child into a very good citizen.
SAFETY OF YOUR CHILD
- Children will not be allowed to go home during the school hours. You are requested not to make any social engagements or medical appointments during school hours.
- Request for taking the wards back home after cycle test/ monthly test should be avoided.
- In case of ultra-emergency please come to pick up your ward on your own. School does not allow at all any child to leave without parent (identified by class teacher)
- Parents are requested to personally see off and receive their wards at the bus stop (especially class Nursery to fifth).
- Please do not enter school buses to see off or receive your wards.
- Please do not overtake or stop the school bus to facilitate the boarding of your ward, as it endangers the safety of the children.
- Please do not get into an argument with the teachers, conductor or driver present in the bus. In case of problem, please give a written complain to the school office.
Tips To Make Your Ward A Disciplined Child
- As the medium of instruction in the school is English, children should be helped to follow their work easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular conversation in English at home.
- Please check your ward at home for the use of "foul language" and destructive activities. In case of any such habit/ complain a good communication between class teacher & parent can help the student improve in this regard.
- Please avoid criticizing the school or teacher in the presence of your child. This can result in the student losing respect for their teachers.
- They should also be taught at home to respect elders, teachers. Also a respect should be developed for others good qualities & tolerance for others.
- In case your ward is punished by the school for some wrong act, please avoid taking his/ her side without going into the details. Please keep in mind that any punishment is meant to improve his/her weakness/mistakes only.
- Parents are requested not to enter the classroom to see their ward. This can be a cause of disturbance and distraction to everyone.
- Parents must encourage their wards to attend all the tests/ exams and avoid missing the school.
- All the students are expected to join the school on the notified date of the beginning of the terms or after each vacation.
- Parents must attend the PTMs on regular basis in order to know the progress of their ward. This is compulsory.
- Consult the school planner,date sheets and other circulars regularly.
- Please make sure that your ward reaches the school well in time, any delay can develop an embarrassing situation for all.
- Go through your ward's school Almanac every day and see that lessons and homework assigned for the day are done and counter sign it.
- Please sign the Progress Report and return it to the school within three days.
- You are requested to regularly check the school portal to keep yourself updated about the school activities.
- You can meet the Principal and teachers during the visiting hours only.
- Please address all communication to the Principal through the Class Teacher. Clearly mention your child's admission number, class and section in your communication.
- Please be sure to inform the school if there is any change in your address, designation or telephone number.
- The students must be responsible for their own belongings. The school is not responsible for this.
- Please ensure that your child does not bring any valuable articles e.g. expensive watches, cameras and jewellery to school. In case of loss of a valuable, the school will try its best to trace the item but will not be responsible for the loss.
- Please mark all the belongings of your ward with the name, admission number, class and section.
- Encourage your ward to cultivate neatness.
- Parents are requested not to send their wards to the school if they are ill or suffering from any contagious disease.
- Please send your ward only after the period of infection is over.
You are requested to ensure that the birthday celebration of your ward is confined to his/ her classmates only and that too on a modest scale. Do not send any other item except toffees for distribution on child's birthday, any other item sent shall be returned back. Only éclairs will be permitted to be distributed to the children. Children up to Class IV may come in their casual wear on their birthday.
PARENTS AS CATALYST IN LEARNING PROCESS OF YOUR WARP.Here are few points by which you can contribute to overall development of your ward.
- Share the interesting pieces of information from the newspaper or Television news.
- Discuss/ enquire about scientific developments in news.
- Encourage/ help your ward to do scientific/ social projects.
- Develop reading habit in your child, present them interesting books, not the one's you feel they ought to be read, but the once they would like.
- Always encourage enquiry and show interest in solving the problems. Use dictionary or reference books when required.
- Involve your kids with dealings like bank, bill, tax forms etc.
- Always try to share your views, interests and be open to your ward for day-to-day problems.
- Practice "incidental learning" with him/her.
- It is compulsory for the student to complete 75% of their attendance in the year to be eligible for final examinations or to be eligible for any Academic Award.
- All the children are expected to attend the school on the opening day after each of the vacation. Any child who was absent on the previous day will be only allowed to attend the class with a leave application signed by parent stating the reason for absence.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more then seven continuous day renders the students liable to have his/ her name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of fresh admission fee provided the vacancy still exists.
- A student returning to school after suffering from an infection or contagious disease, must produce a doctor's Fitness certificate permitting him/ her to do so. Students suffering from the diseases mentioned below must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to the class
Chicken pox: —Till the scabs fall completely.
Cholera: —Till the child has completely recovered.
Measles: —Two weeks after rash disappears.
Mumps: —Until the swelling has gone.
Whooping Cough: — Six Weeks
Jaundice : — Six Weeks
Conjunctivitis: — Till the redness has gone
- Absent will be marked for the whole day if the child is taken back by the parents in some extraordinary conditions during the day.